17th-25th November 2018
We recommend travelling to Bariloche Argentina on the 15/16th Nov 2018.
Cost: $2,975/person + GST tax
Duration: 8 days
Pre-requisites: Ages 16+, no previous experience necessary
Start and Finish City: San Carlos de Bariloche
The order of paddling days and the rivers may change according to river levels at the time.
All rafting gear included.
Kayaking gear not included but available via Flexpeditions or for rent.
Please contact us for bookings and further information.
How do you improve a trip that already includes the Azul, Manso River, La Confluenica and Patagonia? We add in some hikes, a few kayaks, and loads of high-energy thrills out on the water! Paddle Patagonia connects classic landmarks, cultural interaction, and exciting kayak trips through the waters of Patagonia.
- 5 days of paddling (kayak or raft) and exploring the Azul, Foyel, and Manso Rivers and more while learning Whitewater Rescue (WWR) techniques. Boat outfitting and warm up day. Choose from a city or mountain tour with a hike excursion. Add-on options for paragliding, hikes, and horseback riding to name a few!
- Rafts/kayaks/canoes all included.
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 dinners. Including 1 traditional Argentinean ASADO!! Dinners will include wine, beer & spirits can be purchased at the lodge.
- 7 nights accommodations in shared room.
- Flights are not included
Meals Included: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
15 or 16th November:
Plan to travel on November 15th and then you get a day to explore Bariloche – or add it to your travel plans on the other end of the trip.
Pick up in Bariloche around 4-5pm (or later depending on flights). It is highly recommended to arrive at least one day before because in Argentina there are ALWAYS missed or delayed connections. Transfer to Lodge for Dinner (D)
18th November: Warm up paddling day Azul River (BLD)
19th November: WWR day (BLD) - no certification
20th November: Azul River (BLD)
21st November: Foyel (BLD)
22nd November: Day off - Market Day, we will give ideas for other things to do around town (BD - Lunch on your own)
23rd November: Manso Inferior - easy section, good chance to try different crafts/boats. Paddle to the Manso cabin - asado on the river, overnight in the cabins. Also a good place to maybe do some WWR refresh - drylands skills or other training activity. (BLD)
24th November: Manso Frontera - class III-IV - rafting or other depending on skill levels. (BLD)
25th November: Drop off Bariloche. B only.
The first 6 nights are at the Confluencia Lodge. Then the final night at the Manso cabin.
View of El Bolson
Detailed Travel Info
We strongly recommend that you try to arrive into Bariloche a day or two before the trip. You can book into a hotel and have a wander around the city. This gives a good cushion in case of missed flights or connections or delayed luggage. All things that happen a little too often in Argentina!
Fly to Buenos Aires in Argentina, connect to San Carlos de Bariloche.
How to get from Ezeiza (EZE) to Aeroparque (AEP):
- Transport Bus Service: There is an official bus line called “Manuel Tienda Leon” that transports travelers to other locations in Buenos Aires. You purchase a ticket from their booth after clearing customs (they have one inside and one outside). The cost is approximately $16 USD per person and they have departures approximately every 20 minutes. (www.tiendaleon.com.ar).
- By Taxi: This will cost approximately $50 USD per taxi. Upon exiting customs you will see several official taxi companies. You purchase a standard fare to Aeroparque from one of those stands by cash or credit card, they give you a ticket and you then take that to the official taxi line. This option is faster and one taxi will take up to 4 people. However, if you have extra or oversized bags you may want to take the bus service.
Where to stay in Bariloche:
We recommend a Hosteria called “Las Marianas” http://www.